Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!!!!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Red, White and Blue Mini Quilt

Here's my red, white and blue mini quilt!






About a month ago I was rearranging my books in

 my sewing room and came across one of many favorites 
books I own, "Little Quilts All Through The House,
by Alice Berg, Mary Ellen Von Holt and 
Sylvia Johnson.  It's a cute book filled with 
lots of photos and you can use your scraps too!   




Flipping the pages, I came across this quilt.


Well, I just had to make it!  Forth of July was 
coming up and I've always wanted to have a 
quilt for every holiday!  I gathered up my 
materials, fabric I already owned.  Yeah!!!  
Cut and sewed my strips together.



Instead of sewing individual blocks and hearts
 on my mini quilt as directed on the pattern, 
I decided to just cut the size of the finished
  block with my star fabric.  I sandwiched 
the batting with the front and back fabric.  
I then used a decorative wave stitch just on 
the star area of the quilt. 


I then used a straight stitched on the rows of 
red and white strips.  I used the width of 
my walking foot to determine the 
width between stitches. 




Here's a look at the back of my mini quilt.





This post was linked up to: 

who is hosting

and


Crazy Mom Quilts

          

Check it out!
He Has Made Everything Beautiful In Its Time.  
Ecclesiastes 3:11  







11 comments:

Soumyaa Verma said...

I like that quilt! You stitched?! Om my God
Hope you celebrated well the 4th of July :)

Mary R. said...

Very nice! I really like the wavy quilting in the star area of the quilt, it looks like waving.

Heidi's Wanderings said...

The quilt looks really good. Betsy Ross would be proud of you!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt! I wish I was that crafty. xoAndra

http://knickknacker.com/

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Isn't it awesome when you can make a whole quilt from your stash? I like the star fabric in lieu of the stars appliquéd.

audrey said...

Cute! I think the star fabric was a good call. The hearts are cute, but I like your version better! :)

Audrey said...

Thank you for sharing your quilt project on TGIFF!

Vicki said...

I really, really like this mini! I love the idea of a mini for each season. Thanks for the idea.

Gina said...

Great mini quilt and I love the quilting on it xx

Sheri said...

I've been thinking of making a flag quilt too and yours is fabulous and inspires me! I love that you didn't have to buy anything and that you used your blue star fabric.

Cheryl Wright said...

I love your red, white and blue mini quilt. I've always wanted to learn how to quilt...maybe I will. Thanks for sharing.